Here some treasure hunting ideas.
- Find a tree with evidence that an animal has affected it. What was the animal doing?
- Find a tree the same height as you.
- Find a tree that is knee high.
- Find a leaf that is the same size as your hand.
- Find a tree that is too big for you to reach around.
- Find a leaf that shows evidence of insects eating it.
- Find a tree that is turning into soil.
- Find an insect that is hiding under something. Describe the insect.
- Find the tallest tree around the school/house. What kind is it?
- Find a rock in the woods. Describe it. How do you think it got there?
- Find bark on a tree that is white and feels like paper. What kind of tree is it?
- Find bark on a tree that looks like alligator skin. What kind is it?
- Find different shapes; square, circle, triangle. What is the oddest shape you found?
- Find and describe and interesting bug.
The more kids learn about the outdoors and the environment the more they respect it and appreciate it.
Be creative and have fun!
Lucky Luke’s Hunting Adventures